Definitions of A Geek


Traditionally a term of derision, geek has come to have a more positive connotation in this computer age. Technically adept people now frequently refer to themselves as geeks, in a mixture of self-deprecation and pride.a carnival performer who does disgusting acts

eccentric: a person with an unusual or odd personality A geek is a person who is fascinated, perhaps obsessively, by technology and imagination. Geek may not always have the same meaning as the term nerd (see nerd for a discussion of the disputed relation between the terms).

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Dear Geek Tattoos How Can I Make My Computer More Efficiant?


My fathers allways on my ass about my computer usage and how the computers are sucking up too much damn energy. I want to know what I can do so that my computer doesn't waste so suck up so much energy? I really do wanna go green and save the world from Global Warming!

Luke

Hey Luke,

You probably won't be surprised to discover that I spend quite a bit of time thinking about that very same question. First, you should let your father know that your computer, with all of it's amazing geeky opportunities for educational, economic and social advancement likely uses less power than a light bulb.

Most desktop computers use between 100 to 150 watts. Now, this goes way up if you've got some kind of geeked out high-end gaming system, but 100 watts is a pretty good energy investment for what these can't live without machines give to us...that's my opinion anyhow.

No comments: